1. Yoga teaching techniques (100 hours)
Yoga teaching techniques is one of the most important and essential parts of the course. This part of the teaching includes training, practicing and teaching techniques of traditional yoga practices like:
- Asana (yoga postures) as per the different yoga stiles that we will teach in the course.
- Pranayama (Breathing Techniques)
- Shatkarmas (Cleansing Techniques)
- Bandhas (Locking of energy)
- Mudras (channelizing energy)
- Meditation techniques
- Mantras and chanting.
2. Teaching methodology (15 hours)
The objective and aim of this module is to learn the art of teaching as well as the business and marketing aspects of yoga:
Cultivate the qualities of a good teacher like intonation of voice, timings, class planning, sequencing of asanas and art of adjustment and alignment.
Get opportunity to refine your qualities by teaching in small and big group with other students.
3. Anatomy and physiology (15 hours)
In this module we will be focusing on:
- The general movement and terminology of human body
- The systems of the body (nervous, endocrine, respiratory, skeletal and muscular systems) and their co-relations in the context of yoga practice.
- Benefits and contraindications of the yoga asanas. “Key muscles of yoga”
- The pranic energy channels of the body
- The pancha koshas (sheath)
- The five elements of universe
- The seven chakras.
4. Yoga philosophy, lifestyle and ethics for Yoga teachers (30 hours)
In yoga philosophy you will learn the aim and objective of yoga and the ethics and living a yogic lifestyle.
Yoga philosophy includes:
- Definition of yoga
- Paths of yoga (jnana, raja, bhakti and karma yoga)
- 8 limbs of Patanjali Yoga Sutras
- Biography of important yogis
- Study of ancient text: ‘Bhagbad Gita’
- Yoguic diet and life style
5. Practicum (20 hours)
In this module you will:
- Get opportunity to refine your qualities by teaching as a lead trainer in small and big group with other students.
- Receive and give feedback from your end to your colleagues
- Learn how to organize and sequence a class of 60’, 75’ and 90’ minutes.
- Assist students while someone else is teaching
- Participate in group discussions
- Develop the power of Observation and attention to detail in teaching
***The lead teacher, Atmarekha teaching 71% of the contact hours of this course. These hours are dedicated to the lead teachings, so students can expect to be taught directly by Atmarekha. These hours do not include any assisting or supervision of other teachers, teaching on the course.
Go back to the FAQs page.