You just need a good heart, rest we will build in you.
Yes, you can. Yoga itself will make you fit and flexible physically and mentally.
Yoga is not a religion, is a science of inner engineering, it’s an art of self discipline.
Yoga is not just another sport; it’s a life changing activity; it’s a systematic way of living life.
Practising, learning or teaching yoga in any style, from anywhere will invite peace, happiness, health and prosperity into your life.
We advise to carry laptop.
In our resort we offer WIFI 24 hours free of cost. But the connexion of WIFI is not as good as in outside . we are using sattelight connection.
- Light and comfortable cotton clothes for yoga practice
- A pair of white clothes for ceremonies
- Swimming suit (only for using in the beach)
- One piece of light warm clothe (jumper). You may require in the night or early morning as sometimes its little chilly in morning
- 3 photos
- 2 photocopy of passport visa
- Note book and pen
- Alarm clock
- Slipper and sport/comfortable shoes
- Mosquito repellent
- Water bottle
- Sun screen
- Yoga mat (if you don’t want to carry you can use one of our extra mats or buy a new one from us)
- Sun glasses
- Towel (we will provide one towel for rooms)
Yes, this three weeks long ttc is like planting a seed in your mind which will emerge as a huge tree by the passes of time. Only thing you need is to nourish the seed every day. Remember that when you will be teaching and helping others, the knowledge that you will get is more valuable than years of practicing and studying.
It’s always good if you have some previous experience about yoga in the form of practice. If you don’t have, there is no problem, some people developed before and some after; ttc is the foundation which will guide you internally and externally about your practice and teaching.
Remember that is not about the quantity of time you spend in your practice, it’s about the “quality”.
AFTER COMPLETING THE TTC YOU CAN:
- work as an independent teacher
- open your own studio
- work as an assistant teacher of a big organization
- be a part of a health & wellness/yoga retreat
- write for an international yoga/health magazine
- work with 5 start hotels/beach resorts as a yoga professional
- work in gyms and fitness centre
- work in a school as a teacher
- Be a part of NGO/government organization/hospitals/corporate…
Yes, of course. Yoga Alliance is one of the biggest organizations for yoga teachers in the world. Yoga Alliance set highly professional standards for teaching yoga. By choosing Schools register with Yoga Alliance you are eligible to teach yoga or open your own studio anywhere in the world.
We recommend carry euro with you & enough cash for your expenses, most of the the ATMs has a limitation of withdral of 500 euro per week. at the same time If you are carrying your own currency, you can exchange in airport or in travel agent.. We can also help you in exchanging money.
Vaccines are not compulsory but advise. You have to consult with your doctor the vaccines that you need to come to India. Depending of your country you may need different ones. In this page you can find some useful information.
Look this site for more info: http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/none/india
For Malaria, you can also refer to these websites:
Yes, you need a tourist visa. Some countries they have visa on arrival for one month. In other cases you need to apply to the Indian Embassy of your country. Make sure you apply at least before one month before your travel date, because in some countries the process of getting the visa can be long. You will have a tourist visa for 3 or 6 months. Look this site for more info:
We advice not carry a lot of medicines. Everything is available here and in less price. Just carry only medicines which you use regularly.
In our ashram we have a first aid box and doctor on call available. So, nothing to worry!
1. Yoga teaching techniques (100 hours)
Yoga teaching techniques is one of the most important and essential parts of the course. This part of the teaching includes training, practicing and teaching techniques of traditional yoga practices like:
- Asana (yoga postures) as per the different yoga stiles that we will teach in the course.
- Pranayama (Breathing Techniques)
- Shatkarmas (Cleansing Techniques)
- Bandhas (Locking of energy)
- Mudras (channelizing energy)
- Meditation techniques
- Mantras and chanting.
2. Teaching methodology (15 hours)
The objective and aim of this module is to learn the art of teaching as well as the business and marketing aspects of yoga:
Cultivate the qualities of a good teacher like intonation of voice, timings, class planning, sequencing of asanas and art of adjustment and alignment.
Get opportunity to refine your qualities by teaching in small and big group with other students.
3. Anatomy and physiology (15 hours)
In this module we will be focusing on:
- The general movement and terminology of human body
- The systems of the body (nervous, endocrine, respiratory, skeletal and muscular systems) and their co-relations in the context of yoga practice.
- Benefits and contraindications of the yoga asanas. “Key muscles of yoga”
- The pranic energy channels of the body
- The pancha koshas (sheath)
- The five elements of universe
- The seven chakras.
4. Yoga philosophy, lifestyle and ethics for Yoga teachers (30 hours)
In yoga philosophy you will learn the aim and objective of yoga and the ethics and living a yogic lifestyle.
Yoga philosophy includes:
- Definition of yoga
- Paths of yoga (jnana, raja, bhakti and karma yoga)
- 8 limbs of Patanjali Yoga Sutras
- Biography of important yogis
- Study of ancient text: ‘Bhagbad Gita’
- Yoguic diet and life style
5. Practicum (20 hours)
In this module you will:
- Get opportunity to refine your qualities by teaching as a lead trainer in small and big group with other students.
- Receive and give feedback from your end to your colleagues
- Learn how to organize and sequence a class of 60’, 75’ and 90’ minutes.
- Assist students while someone else is teaching
- Participate in group discussions
- Develop the power of Observation and attention to detail in teaching
***The lead teacher, Atmarekha teaching 71% of the contact hours of this course. These hours are dedicated to the lead teachings, so students can expect to be taught directly by Atmarekha. These hours do not include any assisting or supervision of other teachers, teaching on the course.
Go back to the FAQs page.